The position responsible for setting tempo and rhythm. Takes the band high and low. Controls the dynamic shifts of the whole band.
- Must own a drum set to practice on at home. We have a set at the church for you to use that we tune and maintain
- Experience playing with a group of people either inside or outside of a church environment
- Understanding of basic rhythm theory, and a familiarity with musical language
- Ability to pick out and replicate beats. We don’t “freestyle” or improvise much. We also don’t have written drum music, so drummers must be proficient and hearing and replicating beats
- Ability to commit to all the general requirements laid out the the Policies and Procedures Handbook